Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sweetness

Mae and I had a date tonight. We went out to dinner... it was such sweet time with her. LOVED it! This girl LOVES Red Lobster, and since I told her she could pick, she chose that. What is her favorite dish you ask? Shrimp Scampi. None of that kids stuff for my little princess. It's so hysterical to watch my tiny girl wolf down as many shrimp in garlic butter as she can.

She also had her annual hearing eval today. She loved it. It was fun for her and she had a great time raising her hand at the beeps... she beamed each time the audiologist gave her a wink and a thumbs up... so cute.
On the way there she said "Mommy, are they going to help me hear out of my left ear?"
Oh, honey... I wish they could. I'm sorry.
Praise God, she does so well. I guess unilateral hearing can hinder speech development, and can cause problems when one is learning to read... so far, she's been ahead of the curve in both areas, so we don't have to worry. What a relief.
Keep praying for my little sweetie. Today she said "I'm THE ONLY ONE who has scratchy skin, AND I can't hear out of my left ear...and I'm the ONLY ONE!"
We talked about how she is the only one in our family, but there are a lot of kids out there who have scratchy skin, and who can't hear in one or even in both ears, and that she isn't the ONLY ONE. That seemed to help, although she still thinks "it was mean of Jesus to make her this way' and that 'he can heal ANYONE if He wants to...so why doesn't He want to?'
Oh...my little theologian. I hope she shares the answers with me, when she discovers them.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Tell Maegan that Anna Kate has real scratchy skin, real bad, and we're always having to put this cream or that on, and no bubbles in the bath. . . ahh! :)

KayakGirl said...

I love that she asks such good questions. Great questions Mae!!! We may not get the answers in this life! Maybe God will tell us when we're older (do you ever use that line with her?)